Code Enforcement enforces the Boise City Code for zoning (Title 11) and sanitation (Title 8-08). Code Enforcement operates on a complaint-driven basis, which means we must partner with neighbors and other concerned groups to resolve code violations. Code Enforcement's goal is to help neighbors resolve problems while dealing with these violations.
How to file a code enforcement complaint
- Citizens may call our office at 208-608-7060 or file an online complaint.
- Anonymous complaints will not be accepted. However, the names of private citizens filing a complaint remain confidential from the public or press for the duration of the investigation into their complaint.
Code Enforcement can help resolve:
- Business activities within a residential zone
- Accumulation of junk, trash or garbage
- Outdoor storage of junk or debris
- Accumulation of weeds, open areas of dry vegetation
- Yard/garage sales every weekend
- Farm animals in residential areas
- Bushes, shrubs, trees or fences blocking vision at street or driveway intersections
- Abandoned or vacant buildings
- Residential parking (parking on lawn)
- People living in recreational vehicles
- Inoperable or junked vehicles, or vehicle parts on private property (in plain view)