- Fort Boise/St Luke's Planning Area
St. Luke’s Hospital intends to file a Master Plan application with the City of Boise this summer for their campus on the west side of Avenue B. The City has prepared policies and maps to illustrate the beginning efforts of this planning process.
Long Range/Comprehensive Planning
Boise's Comprehensive Planning division provides long-range planning and policy analysis through the preparation, maintenance and administration of the Comprehensive Plan. They also conduct special planning studies as requested by the City Council, and sits on a wide variety of boards and committees.
The Comprehensive Planning division participates with the Community Planning Association (COMPASS), Ada County Highway District, Idaho Transportation District, the Division of Environmental Quality, Chamber of Commerce, school districts and others in preparing demographic projections, traffic studies and other analysis.
What is the Comprehensive Plan?
Blueprint Boise, Boise's comprehensive plan, is a long term (20 year) plan for the growth of the City. It includes a land use map depicting the expected type and location of future development in the City. The land use map works in conjunction with zoning to direct development to appropriate locations and in desirable amounts. It also depicts areas that the City expects to annex over time.
- The Comprehensive Plan's chapters address policies in detail. The chapters include a variety of maps which show the distribution of schools, parks, fire stations, sewer lines, historic districts etc.
- Comprehensive Plan policies are implemented through zoning, project review, capital improvement programming and/or budgeting, and a variety of other means.
- The Comprehensive Plan was prepared over a four-year period with extensive citizen input and review and was adopted by the City Council in November 2011.
- The City will review the plan at the end of each year to determine whether conditions in the community or the desires of the citizens have changed enough to warrant revision of the plan.